Budget-friendly easy lemon cheesecake recipe that uses whipped cream and only 8 oz of cream cheese. Very easy to make and not very expensive! Other cheesecake recipes can require up to 4 boxes of cream cheese, which can add up quickly on your grocery bill. Adding whipped cream is a budget-friendly option to cut down on the price. This easy cheesecake recipe makes about 8-10 servings and is 303 kcal per serving. I let mine set overnight, but about 4 hours is all you need to ensure the cream cheese is set! This lemon dessert recipe includes the graham cracker crust, but feel free to use a store bought crust if you want!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this lemon flavored cheesecake recipe:
*brown sugar-C&H Cane Sugar
*vanilla, food coloring, and lemon extract-McCormick
*whipped cream-Cool Whip, if you need a homemade whipped cream recipe, click here.
Overview of steps to make homemade cheesecake:
- make graham cracker crust or unwrap store bought crust
- whip up cheesecake mixture
- scoop cheesecake mixture into the crust. Freeze for 4 hours.
If you like this cheesecake recipe, check out my other cheesecake recipes:
How to store this easy lemon dessert:
- fridge-store your cheesecake in the pan with a plastic lid in the refrigerator for up to one week. The plastic is to prevent the fridge odor from seeping in and causing it to taste like the fridge.
- freezer-this recipe can be kept in the freezer until ready to eat. Thaw out before eating for about 15 minutes so that it is easy to cut.
Lemon Cheesecake with Whipped Cream
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers and butter. Pat down into a large, greased pie baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees or until edges are golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
- In same bowl, mix together cream cheese, vanilla, brown sugar, lemon extract, and lemon juice. Fold in whipped cream and yellow food coloring.
- When the graham cracker crust is cool, scoop in cream cheese mixture. Smooth out any bumps. Refrigerate for about 4 hours before serving. Cut and serve your easy lemon cheesecake!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.