Chocolate cookie dough with white chips make an excellent twist on chocolate chip cookies in this inside out cookies recipe!
Check out my other best cookie recipes:
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies
- Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- See end note for cook time tips– I always burn my cookies before implementing these tips so be sure to look at my notes!
- Use a decent baking sheet-I always bake cookies using a special baking sheet I use for only cookies. This baking sheet is different from other baking sheets as it is a thicker pan. The cookies take slightly longer to bake, but using a thicker pan does make a difference. If you are interested in what baking sheet I used, click here to check the price or click on the image for more information.
How to make excellent white chip cookies:
- Mix together wet ingredients first in a large bowl.
- Stir together dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients. If you wanted to make this a one bowl recipe, you could just dump the dry ingredients directly into the wet ingredients and stir.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies with cookie scoop onto sprayed baking sheet. ALWAYS SPRAY THE BAKING SHEET. If you do not have a cookie scoop, you can just drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto the sprayed pan as well.
Storage for these simple cookies:
- Short term: Store at room temperature in an air tight container for about a week.
- Long term: You can freeze these cookies in a plastic bag or air tight container for about a month. Thaw out and eat.
Favorite ingredients to use for this inside out cookie recipe:
Inside Out Cookies
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- dash of vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for about two minutes or until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla, and beat again for 1 minute.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients little by little. Stir. Add in white chocolate chips. Stir.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop batter onto a sprayed baking pan. Do not heap the cookie scoop as these do spread out a bit. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Remove from oven when cookie edges are just starting to harden. Let the pan cool on a wire rack for 1 minute, then remove cookies and let them cool on a wire rack. Serve your Inside Out Cookies warm or room temp!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.